These little clips are a smooth and easy way to keep your bag secured to the rack while allowing simple and quick removal. You can read my blog post about them here.
- Mounted through the base of a handlebar bag, they are positioned to align with the rack platform's rails. The clips stay with the bag. See the photo of the "invisible bag".
- A simple sliding mechanism releases the bag and can be accomplished by simply reaching under the bag to unclip.
- No more fiddling around with velcro straps under the bag. Yes!
- Available for new bags and can be added to any existing bags.
- RaClips can be fitted to any rack with 5/16” (7.9 mm) tubing and need a minimum of 1 1/4” clear rail to grip rack. Note: will not fit racks with 3/8" (9.5 mm) tubing.
- In conjunction with a decaleur, such as the DockIt™, your bag will be perfectly positioned and secure.
- Installation instructions included or download them here.
Price per set: $33
I started making reflectors mostly for fun. They are a little extra insurance on the road when the light is low or you are riding at night and they've been a hit! I always encourage proper lighting when riding, but having some fun reflective material is a good baseline to start from.
The reflective material is Coast Guard approved SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) and is incredibly effective, even when wet. The color options are endless, so fire up your imagination!
Note color combo when placing order. Go here for specific color and fabric choices.
5" h x 5.5" w $30
Three mounting options (l. to r. in photo: grommets; saddle rails, saddle loops):
- Saddle loops: meant for saddles that have small loops along the rear edge of the saddle. Brooks, Berthoud, VO and other saddles generally have saddle loops.
- Grommets: Small grommets in the three corners of the triangle for affixing to a basket or wherever else might be fun.
- Saddle rails: Intended for saddles that don't have the above mentioned loops. This option works okay, but the reflectors sometimes slide forward under the saddle a bit.
B2B Kit (Bike-to-Barrel) 26mm
Sized for mounting to raised section of handlebars. The B2B Kit (Barrel to Bike) includes clamp, strut, internal strut reinforcement tube, and protective cap, as well as complete instructions for installing your kit.
Note: The 26mm can be used in a 1" steerer stack with the common Nitto 26.0 to 25.4mm stainless shim purchased elsewhere.
Leather Mudflaps (set)
Leather mudflaps available in either honey brown or black, with reflective SOLAS stripe. Mounting hardware included.
10" l x 4 1/2" w (front), 7" l x 4 1/2" w, $50
Waxwing Gift Certificate
Maybe there's someone you know who's been eyeing new bag options for their treasured bike, or maybe someone near you might appreciate seeing this option as they contemplate a gift for you (hint hint).
Pick your amount; I'll add that to the Waxwing Bag Co Gift Certificate, sign it, and then send it your way in time for the holidays! You fill in your name and that of the lucky recipient.
(Be in touch via the contact form if you'd prefer an amount not shown)
These can be ordered alone or together with a reflector as a coordinated set. Fabric is backed by with flexible rubber material. Price is for two mudflaps (sized for front and rear fenders) and includes stainless mounting hardware. Comes with SOLAS reflective stripe. Colors are up to you!
7 3/4" h x 5" (front), 6 1/2" h x 5" (rear) $50
Dock-It™ Kit (core mechanism)
The Dock-It™ Kit includes the core Dock-It mechanism, key, extra hardware, protective cap and complete instructions on deploying your decaleur. To attach to the bike, you will need to purchase the B2B kit appropriate to your set up or plan for a custom mounting plan with a builder.
B2B Kit (Barrel to Bike) -- 1 1/8" / 28.6mm
Sized for 1 1/8" threadless steerer stack mounting. The B2B Kit (Barrel to Bike) includes clamp, strut, internal strut reinforcement tube, and protective cap, as well as complete instructions for installing your kit.
Please note: The clamp requires 18mm vertical height in your stack to fit.
Waxwing 'Anythings Bag
These clever bags straddle a bit a middle ground--kind of a mini-pannier that provides a surprising amount of space
This bag is designed specifically to pair with the King Cage Manythingscage, which in turn mounts wherever you have three eyelets to attach to.
With a roll-top extension, the bag can be extended a bit when the need arises. Side-release buckle allows for adjustment to snug down your cargo. Supplied with two velcro attachment straps.
One size: 10" h x 6.5" w (narrows to 5.5") x 3.5" deep $240 per pair (can be purchased as a single bag as well)
Designate prefered color choice in the Note field. Also there are a variety of webbing color choices. Have fun!
22.2mm Quill Stem Shim (26.0mm OD/22.2mm ID)
Allows mounting the B2B clamp to a 22.2mm quill stem (Clamp not included)
Handlebar bag shoulder strap
For those times when you may want to bring your Waxwing handlebar bag with you, this handy shoulder strap is just what you need. Made of comfortable 1.5" wide poly strap with sturdy hardware. Expands to 42" in length.
This alloy stabilizer is designed to fit neatly within your Waxwing handlebar bag and mount to the bag-side decaleur bracket through the top edge of the bag. The stabilizer helps support the bag and resist sway in a full bag. Made of alloy strap, the stabilizer is easily drilled to match the mount holes of the decaleur bracket.
1/16" x 1.5"