I started making reflectors mostly for fun. They are a little extra insurance on the road when the light is low or you are riding at night and they've been a hit! I always encourage proper lighting when riding, but having some fun reflective material is a good baseline to start from.
The reflective material is Coast Guard approved SOLAS (Safety Of Life At Sea) and is incredibly effective, even when wet. The color options are endless, so fire up your imagination!
Note color combo when placing order. Go here for specific color and fabric choices.
5" h x 5.5" w $28
Three mounting options (l. to r. in photo: grommets; saddle rails, saddle loops):
- Saddle loops: meant for saddles that have small loops along the rear edge of the saddle. Brooks, Berthoud, VO and other saddles generally have saddle loops.
- Grommets: Small grommets in the three corners of the triangle for affixing to a basket or wherever else might be fun.
- Saddle rails: Intended for saddles that don't have the above mentioned loops. This option works okay, but the reflectors sometimes slide forward under the saddle a bit.
These little clips are a smooth and easy way to keep your bag secured to the rack while allowing simple and quick removal. You can read my blog post about them here.
- Mounted through the base of a handlebar bag, they are positioned to align with the rack platform's rails. The clips stay with the bag.
- A simple sliding mechanism releases the bag and can be accomplished by simply reaching under the bag to unclip.
- No more fiddling around with velcro straps under the bag. Yes!
- Available for new bags and can be added to any existing bags.
- In conjunction with a decaleur, such as the DockIt™, your bag will be perfectly positioned and secure.
- Installation instructions included
Price per set: $33
Leather Mudflaps (set)
Leather mudflaps available in either honey brown or black, with reflective SOLAS stripe. Mounting hardware included.
10" l x 4 1/2" w (front), 7" l x 4 1/2" w, $50
These can be ordered alone or together with a reflector as a coordinated set. Fabric is backed by with flexible rubber material. Price is for two mudflaps (sized for front and rear fenders) and includes stainless mounting hardware. Comes with SOLAS reflective stripe. Colors are up to you!
7 3/4" h x 5" (front), 6 1/2" h x 5" (rear) $50
The savvy traveller always has their tools close at hand for quick repairs or adjustments on the road. The lowly tool roll--tucked away somewhere in your bag keeps them ready to go and offers a reassuring sense of organization and convenience when your bike is in need of a fix. Conveniently sized to fit comfortably in the front pocket of the Waxwing handlebar bags.
8"w x 14" l (laid flat) or about 5" closed $40
Waxwing Gift Certificate
Maybe there's someone you know who's been eyeing new bag options for their treasured bike, or maybe someone near you might "benefit" from seeing this offering as they contemplate a gift for you (hint hint).
Pick your amount, then I'll add that to the custom Waxwing Bag Co block print and sign it, and then send it your way in time for the holidays! You fill in your and the lucky recipient's names.
(Use contact form if you'd prefer an amount not shown)
Handlebar bag shoulder strap
For those times when you may want to bring your Waxwing handlebar bag with you, this handy shoulder strap is just what you need. Made of comfortable 1.5" wide poly strap with sturdy hardware. Expands to 42" in length.
This alloy stabilizer is designed to fit neatly within your Waxwing handlebar bag and mount to the bag-side decaleur bracket through the top edge of the bag. The stabilizer helps support the bag and resist sway in a full bag. Made of alloy strap, the stabilizer is easily drilled to match the mount holes of the decaleur bracket. Comes with adhesive backed velcro.
1/16" x 1"